[Uml-devel] Re: [Uml-user] File import

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Mon Oct 7 12:29:06 UTC 2002

Hi Jens,

well.. the weekend wasnt as long as I had expected... my girlfriend came to
visit me so you can imagine I didnt have much time to program =)

anyways, here is what I think:
The code for reading binary files ver. 5 is already there (there is also the
code for writing, but we should just ignore it (at first, and then remove it
complety) that means, the only file format available to save is xml.

I had started writing a "filter" which transforms files 1-4 into version 5, so
that the program can read them but I started having problems with the widgets
(how ver. 5 uses widget / widgetData and ver. 4 uses only widget)
anyway.. I think this shouldnt be too dificult to solve.

what do you think? have you done something over the weekend? this is something
that I am doing because I think it is important to show the users they are
not going to loose (much) work just because we changed the
program...otherwise they are not going to want to use the program for "big"
things.., but that's the only reason, I mean, its not just for fun or because
I need it, so I wouldnt like to code something you already did =)

regards,

luis.