[Uml-devel] Re: [Uml-user] File import

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Wed Oct 2 23:49:03 UTC 2002

Hi Luis,

inspired by your patch I started too with the problem of importing old
uml-files. I think we should at first remove all code for serializing the
objects for saving. We have the XMI file format for storing the data and
that's enough.
I don't know whether there exist files in the uml file format version 5
(introduced after version 1.0.3), if not, we can us concentrate the the
versions 1 up to 4.

I have done a lot of changes for importing of the files in format 4. If you
are interested in this I can give you my changes in patch against the current
CVS version. The current state of my developments is:
- Import of diagrams: Type is recognized and inserted into the UMLListView)
- Import of classes, actors, and usescases: Recognized and inserted into the
UMLListView
- Missing is the import of asscociations, creating the diagrams, ...

Jens