[Uml-devel] Another Beta in some days?

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Mon Nov 18 12:26:04 UTC 2002

> After very little research on this, I figured out that we need to have
> po files (which contain all the localized strings). An initial po file
> should be extracted from thr strings in the source (the i18n), then
> QtLinguist can be used for translations proper.

yes, I think you have to create a po file (I tried once to create one of
those, but didnt really work.. then I just went on to other things and forgot
about it)

then I think we should use KBabel.. it is also a program for translating, but
spcecific for KDE (I think QT uses tr() and KDE uses i18n() )
also, in KBabel there seems to be something like a "string repositorie"...
ie, there are many words and phrases that are repeated in many programs, so
they are in this repository to ensure all use the same translation for those

you can start by taking a look at i18n.kde.org

luis.