[Uml-devel] Another Beta in some days?

Jens Krüger jkrueger1 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 18 02:31:01 UTC 2002

Am Montag, 18. November 2002 08:10 schrieb P. Fleury:
> Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >>Maybe just make sure that all the messages are actually
> >>internationalized. In this case, even after the release, adding a
> >>translation would be a matter of writing a new po file, no source needs
> >>changing.
> >
> >Have you notices any strings which arn't internationalised?
> >
> >Jonathan Riddell
>
> I have written a little perl script (attached) which filters the text
> from the source. (Is Qt coming with a tool  for that ?)
> Basically, I fugired out the attached list of untranslated text pieces.
> I was more or less conservative in this filtering:
> - I18N_NOOP() does probably the right thing, but it's here anyway
> - I did not filter the code generators, because they have tons of
> strings (most of them not having to be translated)
> - some of them are maybe not to be translated (DOM node names ?)

I guess it would not work correctly if you try to translate it. I fixed it.
I also add the i18n in the umdoc.cpp file.
> - umlview.cpp:1186 Does this construct work properly ??
>
> --Pascal

What do you think about the translations of the UML elements into German,
French, Spanish, ...?
>From the point of a German user, it makes sense to translate it because a lot
of German literature about UML uses the translated names of the UML elements.

Is there anybody who knows how to create a new translation?

Jens

--
Jens