[Uml-devel] UML Modeller updated -- most problems fixed

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Jul 17 01:19:03 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

so, suddenly there seems to be a lot of people having build problems with
uml, (cuz of CR/LF and QPtrList operator != )  I've been having those
problems
for a long time now, but for some resason uml built just fine for most
people
here.
There were also some other problems in the code I had written for code
generator. (uml did not find codegenerator libraries at start up, and the
Add/Remove dialog was broken)
I also implemented "Esc" gets you back to select tool, and "Shift" switches
to previously used tool but it was not working that good at the beginning.

well, good news are I'm going to send a uml zip to paul right now which
fixes most of the problems the current cvs version has.(I'd like to say all,
but
I cant guarantee anything)

paul: I just did a clean install this morning (removed *all* uml files from
my system, including umlrc, etc) and did a "make install". Everything seems
to work. At first start up uml will ask you to select which languages you
want
to use for code generator (cpp and java available at the moment), and you
can change this later by Add/Remove languages

--> note: Add/Remove languages will only add/remove languages from the code
generator libraries that are installed. In the old dialog you were prompt to
select a library to add, now it shows you *all* the languages available in
the libraries that are already installed so you can add'em or remove them
from
uml.  This is usefull if for example, when uml finds a new librarie you only
select one of the languages and later you want to use more, or if you
"removed" one of the languages and want to have it back. This does not
install new
libraries.. for installing new libraries you have to put the .la file in the
"codegenerators" directory.  the install process of uml does this
automatically.

so, paul, please check this code and if (hopefully!!) works ok for you too,
put everything in cvs... that should fix the CR/LF problems.  Send a mail
when it's ready so everyone can update.

**********IMPORTANT*******IMPORTANT*****************
NOTE: trying to compare files is not that easy, because of the CR/LF problem
diff says the files are completly different.  So if someone has added code
to cvs in the past days, please say so, as maybe it will be necessary to add
the code again.
I just read a mail from Jens. He seems to have done some improvemtns to the
code generators (thanx!). I'll check it out tonight and try to add it and
send it tomorrow.

Jens: The file I'm sending to paul now already fixes the installation of the
.la file, but thanks anyways. I'll still check it out.

saludos/regards/gruss

luis

http://www.gmx.net