[Uml-devel] Converting data from earlier versions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jul 17 00:53:05 UTC 2002

Hi all,

because I ran into a severe problem (SIGSEGV while loading a file) with a
previous CVS snapshot of 1.0.4 (I pulled it around March 2002), I
investigated the problem, found and fixed it. Next I pulled a fresh CVS
snapshot.

I noticed, that major changes have been made to the CVS tree and the binary
format in which I have all my files seems not to be supported anymore by UML
:-(  Am I missing something, or is there a tool available somewhere that
helps me in converting the files I have, or do I have to redraw everything?
Anyway, XMI is the way to go.

I noticed that after I went through the problems that have been reported here
before (CRLF/LF and QPtrList). The CRLF problem could be related to a 'cvs
import' from a windows box. That's were I have seen that happen.

One member of the user community proposed a fix to the QPtrList. He writes:

> I was able to fix the problem with:
>
>   if( &(m_List) != &(rhs.m_List) )

That fixes the occurance of the compile error, but is not right. I'd suggest
to use

  if( !(m_List == rhs.m_List) )

which is something different (actually compares the list's contents and not
only the addresses of the objects). btw: I am on SuSE 8.0 and QT 3.0 here as
well.

Bottomline: UML is a great tool. Keep on going guys.

- --

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

home: thb at net-bembel.de              WWW: http://www.net-bembel.de/
Check the KMyMoney2 open source project at http://kmymoney2.sf.net/

public key available at http//www.keyserver.net under thb at net-bembel.de
GPG-FP:  E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
A crash turns an expensive computer into a simple stone!