[Uml-devel] Re: UML Future

Peeter Russak pezz at tkwcy.ee
Wed Jul 10 05:59:07 UTC 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Luis De la Parra wrote:

> > I have been getting alot of request for the program to run under Windows.
>
> would be really nice to have it running on windows too.... although if we
> port all the great linux apps to windows, then they are never going switch =))

Actually it's quite simple to get KDE apps working under windows:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/

All the KDE desktop runs inside cygwin's XFree86 window. You get native
apps that run quite normally on decent hardware. I used it myself when
I had to live windows-only and needed KBabel to get some work done.
--
Peeter