[Uml-devel] terminating objects

Jonathan Riddell jri at jriddell.org
Thu Oct 25 08:54:07 UTC 2001

> 2) I have never used patch before so can you tell me the command to enter.

Should be that you just cd into uml-1.0.3/ or whereever you keep your
sources and do "patch < the-patch-file".  Jings, you're meant to be the
one who knows stuff!

> 3) I have code that needs to be added to the cvs before it's commited.  I am
> not setting up cvs on my machine at the moment due to I have Mandrake 8.1 at
> the moment and I don't like it.  I am still waiting to see what people think
> of Red Hat 7.2 before I install it.  I will then update my machine and the
> cvs.

Well if you don't like Mandrake I really don't see how you could like Red
Hat, I mean it's just useless.  In my very humble opinion of course.  Mmm,
Debian...

Anyhoo, if you keep a separate partition for /home it doesn't matter about
changing destributions, or you can back up onto a zip disk or CD-R maybe.

> If you like I will tar up my current version (with your patch) and put it
> somewhere for you to download if you like.

That'll do.