Tellico crashing when importing from CD data

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Sep 27 01:50:54 BST 2021

Hi Bill,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 11:11 AM Bill Gee <bgee at campercaver.net> wrote:

> If there is a more formal way to report this, please let me know.

If you have the devel packages installed, the crash report may offer to
submit a bug report. Having the backtrace from the crash, with the right
info, would help me pin down what might be causing the problem.

> I have a music collection database with about 4200 albums.  When I add a
> new album by going to File - Import - Import Audio CD Data, it usually
> works the first time.  If I then import a second album, Tellico almost
> always crashes with a core dump.  I restart Tellico, run the import again
> and it then successfully adds the CD.  Adding another one after that -
> crash.

So far, I haven't been able to re-produce the crash. I can import the same
CD twice or new CDs, even after blowing away the CDDB cache. But I'm not
sure if they have any MusicBrainz info, since you suggested it might be
tied to that. I have libkcddb 20.04 at the moment, not sure if that version
might matter.

> The problem is bad enough that I have got in the habit of saving the data
> file, then closing and reopening Tellico after every new album.  Also, this
> has been happening for some years with multiple versions of both Fedora and
> Tellico.  It finally got annoying enough for me to seek some help with it.

I'll keep poking at it, but the best thing you could provide, if able, is a
stack trace.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports#Fedora