BoardGameGeek import misses private data

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Fri Sep 17 18:59:58 BST 2021

Hi,

I tried to import my bgg collection and it works well. Nevertheless the private data (purchase price, ...) is missing.

According to https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_XML_API:
		• showprivate: Show the private fields (purchase price, etc). Default is 1 for logged in users, 0 otherwise, and showprivate=1 only works on your own collection, when you are logged in.
			• Syntax: /xmlapi/collection/<username>?showprivate=<0,1>
			• Example: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/collection/zefquaavius?showprivate=1 - include private info zefquaavius has listed, provided you're zefquaavius
			• Example: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/collection/zefquaavius?showprivate=0 - If you're zefquaavius, see what everyone else sees when viewing your collection: No private info

So the question is: How can I login to bgg? I tried it in a parallel konquerer session but this did not help. Any idea?

I am especially interested in the inventory location which is part of the private data but is not yet supported, at least there are no fields for it yet.

I added a small patch for the German translation, don't have any access to the KDE repository anymore ...

Jens