Multi-disc albums

J. Allen Crider software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com
Mon Oct 18 03:20:07 BST 2021

Quite by accident today, I discovered something that might interest you.
  For reasons I won't go into, I installed SoundKonverter and used it to
rip several CDs, including a 2 disc set.  It has two settings that K3b
does not have, Disc no. ? of ?. If one of these is not 1, it will add
"Disc Number", "Total Discs", and "Total Tracks" to the attributes in
Tag 2.  I suspect "Disc Number" is the critical attribute, because I
made a mistake and forgot to chance the settings on the first disc.
After ripping both discs to the same directory using the same album
title, I used "Import Audio File Metadata..." to import the album into
Tellico.  Tellico created a second track list labelled "Tracks (2)" for
the second album.  This list showed up on a separate tab in the album
editor and it showed up as a second list in the viewer.  It probably
wouldn't be very useful for information downloaded from musicbrainz or
discogs, but it might help with albums that have been ripped from CD.

Allen