Multi-disc albums

Jared list-tellico at legroom.net
Sun Oct 17 21:29:45 BST 2021

On 10/17/21 1:07 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> Since the basic lookup dialog doesn't (yet) have a way to add a
> complex query that includes separate fields like year or artist, your
> approach of creating a basic entry and then updating does actually
> execute a better search. Discogs can use artist, release, and year
> while Musicbrainz can use artist and release. Both of them also can
> lookup via barcode if you have a field with that information.

One more search tip to share - for discogs, tellico let's you search by
keyword.  I've found that, if you have the physical disc or case handy,
searching for the catalog number as the keyword usually returns a good,
narrow selection of results.  That's my current preferred method so
far.  Obviously that's not much help if you don't have the discs handy,
but I'm also using this as an opportunity to review my discs as well,
mark which may have gone missing or were stolen, etc.So, taking a while,
but going to have a really good catalog at the end.

--
Jared