Multi-disc albums

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Mon Oct 18 13:21:30 BST 2021

Very interesting!  I use SoundKonverter for all CD ripping.  The inclusion of disc number and total discs is part of the reason I use it.  The other is that it can run replay gain calculations at the end of a rip.

The main thing I do different from Allen is that I put each disc of a multi-disc set in its own subdirectory.  Otherwise mpd gets confused about which tracks belong to which disc.    It ignores the disc and track number fields, playing the tracks in sequence by their filename.  I also do not import to Tellico from the audio files.  I import straight from the CD.  Next time I add to my collection, I will have to try Allen's workflow.

========
Bill Gee