telico

Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz jose.marcio.mc at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:52:11 BST 2019

Hi,

Just about one point...

On 5/2/19 5:05 AM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> Hi,

>     I have just recently added some new books to my database and found that the database has lost the ISBN numbers. In
>     fact the database of my books have all changed for instance where as one UK book was ISBN 1473827442 became
>     7-233***-x and many other books have also changed.
>

> I'm not aware of any bug that was causing the loss of ISBN values or changing existing ones. An ISBN starting with 7
> happens to be Chinese-based, I believe, so I'm not sure what might have happened there.

This may happen with some data sources if the option : "Updating from source should overwrite user data" is checked for
some sources.

The sources I noticed this happens are "Google Book Search" and "Open Library".

This is annoying but it doesn't seem to me as a Tellico bug.

What I've done is to uncheck this option for these sources and reorganize the order from which data are updated.

Hope this help

About photos of book covers, I had this indeed, but it not seemed to me that this was a Tellico problem.

Either way, I'd like to thanks Robby for this very useful tool.

José-Marcio