telico

Robby Stephenson robby.stephenson at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:05:26 BST 2019

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 1:54 PM dj <peacock at velocitynetworks.ca> wrote:

> Version 2.3.8 414.2,Kubuntu packages
>
> OS Linux (x86_64) releasee4.15,17-041507-generic
>
> Compiler x86_64-Linux-gnu-gcc
>
> I am sending this as I am unaware if the bug report was actually sent to
> you correctly and I do hope that I can get some response to the problems I
> am seeing with the program
>
> I have just recently added some new books to my database and found that
> the database has lost the ISBN numbers. In fact the database of my books
> have all changed for instance where as one UK book was ISBN 1473827442
> became 7-233***-x and many other books have also changed.

I'm not aware of any bug that was causing the loss of ISBN values or
changing existing ones. An ISBN starting with 7 happens to be
Chinese-based, I believe, so I'm not sure what might have happened there.

> I am not sure if this is because most of my books are UK based books and
> your database has recently been updated. but something has changed of late.

The only database involved is whatever you have saved in your Tellico data
file and what data source you might have used to fill the book's
information. There's no connection maintained to that source.

> I have also lost all the images that were related to the 270+ books.

I'm sorry to hear that.Is it possible that something might have gotten
corrupted? Tellico tries hard to avoid any data loss and does not delete
images from the cache directory.