[Tellico-users] Unable to load library file.

Rich Burridge rich.burridge at oracle.com
Wed Aug 5 02:20:33 UTC 2015

On 08/04/2015 06:35 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On 08/04/2015 03:41 PM, Rich Burridge wrote:
>> I entered 7 new books on Monday and that seems to work just fine.
>> I went to open tellico today, and it's unable to load the library
>> file (set to auto-load at startup). I get the popup error message
>> at 49%.
>
> What's the error message, just the "Unable to load" one ?

Yes. Small popup with just that message and an "OK" button.

>> This is with Ubuntu 5.04 (64-bit x86).
>
> Which version of Tellico?

Tellico Version 2.3.9 Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.6.

>> Is there anything I can do to further debug this, or options that I
>> can tweak?
>
> Is there a backup .tc file, perhaps with a .tc~ extension? Try
> renaming that to something else, with a the .tc extension and see if
> Tellico will open that one. If the data file got corrupted somehow,
> that might allow you to recover most everything.

Yes there is. And I successfully was able to read that which suggests it's
one of the last seven books I added. I then tried to add those back in one
at a time, and hit Save and Quit after each one. I was able to do that for
3 of them.  I'm now got to the point where the library.tc~ file no longer
wants to Open either. It seems fine to Save and Quit after each one though.

(I do have have the earlier on in a backup on another disk as well though).

> As for debugging, if you run it from the command-line, there might be
> some diagnostic messages, depending on how Ubuntu compiled it.

The only extra messages I see from the command line are:

$ ./tellico /tmp/library.tc
tellico(27500)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
tellico(27500)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_redo" with
KXMLGUIFactory!

I'm happy to send you my library.tc file privately if that would help
and/or tell you the ISBN of these last seven books. I added them by
just adding the ISBN number and Saving and then doing an Update
from Amazon to try to fill in the rest of the details.

Thanks.