[Tellico-users] Changing printing layout

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu May 17 04:35:15 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 08:50 AM, mivaho at gmail.com wrote:
> I've been trying all sorts of things even another distro just to see if
> it was Arch related (my distro of choice).
>
> I use Tellico for my comic (strip) collection. I would like to have a
> print out sorted bij serie and then (issue)number. So need to change the
> layout but it doesn't matter what I change in
> "$KDEDIR/share/apps/tellico/tellico-printing.xsl" notting happens when I
> print it.
> The layout stays the same.
>
> Same goes for the reporting tool.
>
> There is nothing in my $KDEHOME/share/apps/tellico/ And even if I put
> the xls file there nothing happens.

You're looking in the right places. You can confirm which file Tellico
is using with

kde4-config --path data --locate tellico/tellico-printing.xsl

The sorting is actually done by Tellico before it passes the data to the
XSL file. You should be able to click on the issue number column, then
click the series column, and then the print should be in the same order
you see in the window.

That said, the tellico-printing.xsl file is rather complex. I"m assuming
you're putting xsl:sort statements below the xsl:for-each for the
entries? That path for the output is used if the entries are not being
grouped, which is one of the options in the print dialog.

Does that help?