[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.3.5 Released

Matthew Soffen (tellico) sirgeek-tellico at mrsucko.org
Thu Jan 19 19:06:34 UTC 2012

> Hi Matt,
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Matthew Soffen (tellico) <
> sirgeek-tellico at mrsucko.org> wrote:
>
>> One "bug" question.  Has anyone reported some odd behavior when getting
>> book information from Amazon ?
>>
>> Instead of returning data as a Title and a Series, I'm seeing it
>> returned
>> as "Title (SeriesName #)"
>>
>> Or is this something configuratble ?
>>

> Yeah, Amazon titles tend to be rather messy. Tellico has some code to
> check
> for things like [Blu-ray] or [Episode #1] but it's not foolproof. It
> sounds
> like you hit a case where the regexp isn't quite matching. Can you give me
> a specific example that I can test against? That way I can add more checks
> for the next version, but there's nothing configurable in there right now.

Here's a few examples...

On the Edge (The Edge, Book 1)
The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, Exorcist, Book 2)
Chaos Mode (The Mode Series Book Three)
Isle of Woman (Geodyssey)
Create Jewelry: Crystals (Create Jewelry series)

>From One Series (Piers Anthony's Xanth):
A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, Book 1)
Castle Roogna (The Magic of Xanth, No. 3)
The Color of Her Panties (Xanth #15)
Ogre, Ogre (Xanth Novels)

Another Single series:
Green Rider (Green Rider Trilogy Book 1)
First Rider's Call (Green Rider, Book 2)
The High King's Tomb (Green Rider, Book 3)
The High King's Tomb: Book Three of Green Rider (Hardcover)

This one is Hard Cover vs. Paperback
Bearing An Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, Book 2)
Bearing an Hourglass (Book Two of Incarnations of Immortality)

This series is at least consistent (All paperbacks).
Casting Shadows (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 1)
Summoning Light (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 2)
Invoking Darkness (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 3)

Thanks for being such a helpful developer/maintainer.  Its REALLY
refreshing to see.

If I could come up with something like AutoIT for Linux, I'd LOVE to write
you an automated testing suite for regression testing the application (I
do automated software testing for a living).

Matt