[Tellico-users] Re: changing from thumbnail to link

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue May 17 05:30:31 UTC 2011

On Sunday 15 May 2011, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> We have keyed in quite a lot of entries of a particular new subject
> recently, but have done so with an image field, which displays a
> thumbnail.  It turns out this is fairly useless thing to have done,
> since the images are scanned line drawings, and so the thumbnail is of
> black and white line drawings, and the thumbnail does not show up
> anything at all recognisable!  A simple link would have been much
> better, but I only noticed what was happening quite late after a lot
> have been done.
>
> How do I do a bulk transform of these entries into simple links to allow
> a click to display the graphic?  I am thinking it has to be possible to
> hand edit the xml file to change this in selected case.  Is that
> possible?

I'm not quite following what you want to do. Whatever image you add is saved
with the original size. Then, in the entry editor, it's scaled, and also
it's scaled in the entry view, as well. Did you add the thumbnail image to
the collection, or the original?

And yes, it would be possible to hand-edit the xml. I'd suggest adding an
image as you would like, do Fille->Export XML and look at that to compare
one entry to the other to see what you want to change. I can offer specifics
if you have questions.