[Tellico-users] Re: run tellico with remote file

Matthew Soffen (tellico) sirgeek-tellico at mrsucko.org
Wed Mar 30 20:10:19 UTC 2011

> On Wednesday 23 March 2011 21:20:17 Matthew Soffen (tellico) wrote:
>> Use an NFS or SSH mounted remote directory ?  That's what I use at my
>> home
>> so my wife and I can both update our collections.
>>
>> Matt
>
> I use DropBox to sync my and my fathers books, but I think it's possible
> lost changes this way:
>  - both a and b open the file
>  - a saves changes and closes tellico
>  - dropbox sync the changes to b
>  - b makes changes and therefor _overwrites_ the changes from a
> correct?

You could always use a method to copy the file and use a date to encode
the filename.

i.e. - books_20110330_1609.tc

Then you keep only a finite number of copies.  This way the filename is
always unique and you could have something that renames it BACK to
books.tc (verifies the file isn't currently in use/etc.)

Would that work ?

Matt