[Tellico-users] Re: run tellico with remote file

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Sun Mar 27 14:13:53 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 March 2011 21:20:17 Matthew Soffen (tellico) wrote:
> Use an NFS or SSH mounted remote directory ?  That's what I use at my home
> so my wife and I can both update our collections.
>
> Matt

I use DropBox to sync my and my fathers books, but I think it's possible to
lost changes this way:
 - both a and b open the file
 - a saves changes and closes tellico
 - dropbox sync the changes to b
 - b makes changes and therefor _overwrites_ the changes from a
correct?

An md5 check before saving may be a solution (a workaround) to this. Comments?

Sebastian