[Tellico-users] Re: Tellico Namespace Errors When Searching the Z39.50 ADS Server

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Feb 3 02:08:58 UTC 2011

So here's what I can tell you. The XML returned from the ADS server is
invalid, which is why Tellico was choking on it. Rather than trying to fix it
up (which would be slightly ambiguous), I implemented a reader in Tellico
for the native ADS format from their z39.50 server. I just checked it into
the Tellico source tree so it'll be in the next release.

For current releases, there doesn't appear to be a way to access the ADS
through z39.50 in a standard way. You can try using the script I wrote,
which grabs the bibtex data for searches, or you can just wait until Tellico
2.3.3 is out, which I could push by the end of the month, perhaps.

For an email chain for the BibDesk app for Macs that deals with the same
issue, see http://www.mail-archive.com/bibdesk-
users at lists.sourceforge.net/msg01183.html

Robby