[Tellico-users] Amazon search output = empty

mahashakti89 mahashakti89 at orange.fr
Sun Aug 28 06:20:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 01:58:36PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>On Friday 26 August 2011, mahashakti89 wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 09:11:14PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>> >If someone wants to really dig in for debugging, down around line 394 in
>> >src/fetch/amazonfetcher.cpp, change the "#if 0" to "#if 1" and
>> >recompile. Then when you do an amazon search, a file called
>> >/tmp/test0.xml should be created. If there's anything in there, you can
>> >send it to me...
>>
>> I purged tellico and tellico-data  on my Debian Sid. Then got the whole
>> package through git, modified the amazonfetcher.cpp like indicated,
>> compiled and installed the package, the programm is running ,but output
>> screen is empty - and I am getting no test file in /tmp ....
>
>That's puzzling. Did/Can you compile with the "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug"
>cmake flag, as well? And which git branch did you pull? The file name might be
>/tmp/test1.xml instead...
>
>Also, to make sure I'm on the same page, what type of Amazon search are you
>doing, so I can do exact repetition? What type of collection, what type of
>search? For instance, a book title search, or a movie upc, or whatever...
>
>There shoud be debug output if the amazon search gets no response from
>amazon, as well as if it were mal-formed or empty XML

Hello,

I finally got it working. I think the faultive application is kdewallet.
I installed tellico on a recently installed Ubuntu 11.04, and I refused to use
kdewallet and it worked.

Back to Debian Sid, I reinstalled the debian tellico-package, but I had
to disable manually - through the kdewalletrc- the utilisation of
kdewallet and to put the SecretKey in tellicorc wher it was  not till I
copied it. And it works ...

Here are some interesting lines from the console messages when I use
kdewallet :

QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kwalletd' had owner '' but we thought it
was ':1.78'
QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.knotify' had owner '' but we thought it
was ':1.81'
tellico(3882) Tellico::Fetch::AmazonFetcher::secretKey: no amazon secret
key found for "Amazon (FR)"
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
   Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
   Resource id:  0x3a00f7a
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
   Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
   Resource id:  0x3a00f7a
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
   Major opcode: 18 (X_ChangeProperty)
   Resource id:  0x3a00f7a
tellico(3882) Tellico::Fetch::AmazonFetcher::secretKey: no amazon secret
key found for "Amazon (FR)"
tellico(3882) Tellico::Fetch::AmazonFetcher::secretKey: no amazon secret
key found for "Amazon (FR)"
tellico(3882) Tellico::Fetch::AmazonFetcher::secretKey: no amazon secret
key found for "Amazon (FR)"
tellico(3882)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton)
KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
tellico(3882) Tellico::Fetch::AmazonFetcher::secretKey: no amazon secret
key found for "Amazon (FR)"
tellico(3882)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton)
KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
tellico(3882)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton)
KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
tellico(3882) Tellico::CollectionFactory::create: no collection created
for type =  0
tellico(3882) Tellico::CollectionFactory::create: no collection created
for type =  0
tellico(3882)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton)
KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:

  Cheers