[Tellico-users] Amazon search output = empty

mahashakti89 mahashakti89 at orange.fr
Sat Aug 27 07:23:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 01:58:36PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>On Friday 26 August 2011, mahashakti89 wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 09:11:14PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>> >If someone wants to really dig in for debugging, down around line 394 in
>> >src/fetch/amazonfetcher.cpp, change the "#if 0" to "#if 1" and
>> >recompile. Then when you do an amazon search, a file called
>> >/tmp/test0.xml should be created. If there's anything in there, you can
>> >send it to me...
>>
>> I purged tellico and tellico-data  on my Debian Sid. Then got the whole
>> package through git, modified the amazonfetcher.cpp like indicated,
>> compiled and installed the package, the programm is running ,but output
>> screen is empty - and I am getting no test file in /tmp ....
>
>That's puzzling. Did/Can you compile with the "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug"
>cmake flag, as well? And which git branch did you pull? The file name might be
>/tmp/test1.xml instead...

  I pulled following git branch  : git clone git://anongit.kde.org/tellico
  found on the tellico page.

  I compiled - after modification of src/fetch/Amazonfetcher.cpp - with
following options :  cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config
--prefix` -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug

  Got no /tmp/test(n).xml nonetheless

Possible that the file could be located at another place than /tmp ??

>Also, to make sure I'm on the same page, what type of Amazon search are you
>doing, so I can do exact repetition? What type of collection, what type of
>search? For instance, a book title search, or a movie upc, or whatever...

I did this morning a search. Attached are three screen captures :

1. At the beginning.

2. During the search , on the bottom line you can read the indication :
Amazon (FR) results : 0/1218

3. Final output : nothing

Then I made a second research on the name of Balzac , a famous french
writer of the nineteenth century. Output with Amazon : nothing

I tried it with ISBNdb.com , I got a result on screen as usual.
Screen capture is also attached.

I will try it on a fresh install of Ubuntu or perhaps on FreeBSD.

Thanks

mahashakti89