[Tellico-users] ID numbers

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:48:21 UTC 2010

I built a book collection and in the process of doing so I made a few errors and had to remove some entries. I ended up with a total of 277 entries, but their ID numbers are 0-280. So there are 4 entries which I had removed during this process. If I list the ID numbers and sort them, I notice I am missing ID number 9 and a few others.
What I would like to be able to do is to reassign entries with ID numbers 277-280 to be ID 9 and whichever other three are currently missing.
And after doing so I would like the next entry made to start at ID 277 instead of ID 281.
Is there any way to accomplish this, or would it be possible to implement this in a future release of Tellico?
Also, would it be possible to have an option in the settings so that ID numbers could start at a choice of either 0 or 1. I understand why they start at 0, but I post my collection to my web page and would like non-computer-geek viewers to feel more comfortable reading a list which starts at number 1 instead of 0. I suppose I could rebuild the collection and create and delete the first entry, thus skipping ID 0.
But it would be greatly helpful to be able to reassign ID numbers.

John C.