[Tellico-users] Tellico bug in Search facility

Alexander Fischer alexanderfischer at ordnungsdienst.org
Sun Aug 15 23:42:49 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2010, 23:03:47 schrieb Sebastian Held:
> Hi Amanda,
>
> The barcode scanning code is tested with exactly one webcam: mine.
> This damn webcam no longer works with current kernels (gspca driver
> issue...), but it worked great.
> It seems no one is using this, so improving the code was not worth it.

The user has to click a button called scan image (no idea how the button is
called exactly without l10n but it is something with scan ;)) and why should a
user click a scan button without a scanner? I only noticed that feature
because this bug report and i am using Tellico since version 1.2.something :)

Second thing is, at least for my webcam the pictures are so dark, that they
are useless. Modifying image settings has no effect.

But: The idea to use the webcam for this is great!