[Tellico-users] Tellico bug in Search facility

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Aug 16 13:52:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Alexander Fischer <
alexanderfischer at ordnungsdienst.org> wrote:

> The user has to click a button called scan image (no idea how the button is
> called exactly without l10n but it is something with scan ;)) and why
> should a
> user click a scan button without a scanner? I only noticed that feature
> because this bug report and i am using Tellico since version 1.2.something
> :)

That's a different feature. It's for grabbing images from a scanner to add
to an entry (like the cover of a book).. It's enabled when Tellico is
compiled and linked to the ksane library.

> Second thing is, at least for my webcam the pictures are so dark, that they
> are useless. Modifying image settings has no effect.

Yeah, like Sebastian said, it hasn't had a lot of testing.  :) I don't have
a webcam, for example. Ideally, there would be a better library out there
for taking and controlling webcam images, but I haven't come across one yet.