[Tellico-users] Filtering on tables

Louis Bohn lbohn007 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 07:03:33 UTC 2010

Robby Stephenson <robby at ...> writes:

> Now, for consistency, the semi-colon is used to separate values within one
> cell, and then internally, double colons are used to separate cells, and the
> line separator 0x2028 separates rows. (yeah, this is silly, but I've tried
> hard to keep backwards compatibility for this and it was a dumb decision I
> made long ago ;P)
>
> So you no longer need the bracketed semicolon. But I don't know how that
> would have impacted your case.
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Robby

I edited some of my filters removing the brackets altogether.  Those filters
were edited to match "ValueA::*::ValueB".  The extra entries in those
filtered searches disappeared while the correct ones remained.

However one filter which was displaying 5 entries instead of the correct 4,
dropped the erroneous entry and also dropped a correct entry when edited as
above.  The dropped entry had a value in the middle column, unlike all the
previous entries.

I edited the filter again, this time adding the brackets again, with the new
end-of-row character.  Using [^0x2028] doesn't work, while using a space [^ ]
does.  So now my filters are "ValueA:[^ ]*:ValueB" and appear to display
the expected number of entries.

I will continue updating my additional filters and see if anything else crops up.

Thanks for the quick help!

--L.