[Tellico-users] Webcam barcode scanning

Morten Bo Johansen mbj at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 29 16:51:49 UTC 2009

Sebastian Held <sebastian at bildungsdoku-gabi.de> wrote:

> you need to explicitly enable the webcam support (it is experimental
> code). Try to use ccmake instead of cmake (I do not remember the
> correct name of the option).

Is there some documentation somewhere on how this is supposed to work
from and end user's point of view? I could not find anything in the
tellico handbook. What webcams are supported? My superficial
understanding is that any webcam supported by v4l will work. I have
compiled tellico from svn and enabled webcam and v4l support. I believe
barcode support is compiled in:

   $ strings /opt/kde4/bin/tellico | grep barcode
   barcodeRecognition::barcodeRecognitionThread
   barcode
   N18barcodeRecognition24barcodeRecognitionThreadE
   B/home/mojo/src/kde/extragear/office/tellico/src/barcode/barcode_v4l.cpp
   bool barcodeRecognition::barcode_v4l::grab_init()
   QImage barcodeRecognition::barcode_v4l::grab_one2()

I plug in my webcam which works fine with mplayer, I fire up tellico and
activate the isbn search dialog. Nothing happens. What am I supposed to
do?

Thanks,

Morten