[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.0 in Gnome?

nelamvr6 nelamvr6 at inbox.com
Thu Oct 8 12:36:52 UTC 2009

First, thank you, I will attempt to use the info you have provided to
continue my efforts.  If you could point me towards that deb package that
you mentioned I would be even more appreciative.

Secondly, you are mistaken.  You say that I should not assume that the
problems I am having are common?  Are you kidding me? You are assuming that
everyone is an expert code slinger!  How in the world is Linux ever going to
progress beyond a niche if the prevailing attitude is that you have to pass
a proficiency test before you can use it?

I am not exactly computer illiterate, nor am I completely Linux illiterate.

I admit I'm not a developer like you, but I have installed quite a few
programs using the configure - make - make install routine.  But this
situation makes me feel like I'm back slogging through Suse 8.

If I am having problems enough to come here asking for help can you imaging
people with even less experience trying to use this program?

They are not going to bother, they're going to keep on going and try to find
a program that they can actually get working.

I do appreciate you help, and I apologize if I seem snarky this morning, but
I have been frustrated by this for days, and having you tell me that the
reason I'm having trouble is that I'm just too dumb isn't exactly enhancing
my Tellico experience.