[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.0 in Gnome?

Regis Boudin regis at boudin.name
Thu Oct 8 12:17:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, October 8, 2009 12:45, nelamvr6 wrote:
> I have been going through all sorts of dependency hell since attempting
> this, I have installed what ever libraries that it appeared that I needed,
> yet still more error messages in the cmake process, and still no Tellico
> 2.0.

Look there :
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/tellico

List of all the packages needed to build tellico 2.0. You will need
build-essential on top of them.

> What we really need is a .deb package.

There is one. In Debian. Since you're using a derivative of a derivative
in freeze, there is a delay. If you want the package as soon as it is
ready, either use Debian unstable, or learn how to build it.

> A huge number of Tellico users use Gnome, we really need a .deb package,
> or EASY TO FOLLOW instructions.

I use Gnome. I know a few people who use both, and they don't have a
problem. Don't assume the problems you have with your distribution apply
to everyone.

> Right now I am thinking more and more that cmake simply sucks.

Although I would agree that cmake has a number of flaws, I can't see where
it is the source of your problems.

Regis (Debian maintainer of Tellico)