Using taglib in Win32 project

Lesiak, Krzysztof ga54fed at mytum.de
Sat May 10 21:05:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

I’m encountering issues when trying to use taglib in a Win32 project. I’ve been able to build and install taglib without problems (with CMake GUI and Visual Studio 2013), and added tag.lib as an additional dependency for the linker + the include paths under “Additional #include directories” in my project. The program is basically the tagwriter.cpp sample, but when I try to compile it, I get a lot of “unresolved external symbol” errors.
Some functions in taglib are defined as _declspec(dllimport), but from which dll are those imported? Am I missing another reference in my project? I actually wanted to just use the static library in my application, but that doesn’t work, neither when building as in the INSTALL file, nor when using ENABLE_STATIC in CMake.
Could anyone please help me?

Best Regards,
Krzysztof