Getting started with taglib in Xcode

Søren Krogh Neigaard soeren at neigaard.com
Wed Oct 30 08:02:16 UTC 2013

Hi again,

I am struggling getting started using taglib in Xcode.

I think I have done the right thing here..? I have build taglib with the
following:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6
-DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="i386;x86_64" -DENABLE_STATIC=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/Users/soeren/dev-libs/build"

and ofcourse make and make install. I then added libtag.a and libtag_c.a
to my Xcode project and set the "User Header Search Paths" to
"/Users/soeren/dev-libs/build/include". Is this correct?

But now I dont know how to use this from Objective C? If i make this import:

#import <taglib/taglib.h>

I get a compiler error, but I can do this:

#import "taglib/taglib.h"

But I can not figure out what to import to be able to use
"TagLib::FileRef" in my code. Do I need to make some kind of wrapper to
use this in Objective C, or what do I do now? Please get me in the right
direction, using a C++ library from Xcode/ObjC is totally new for me.

Thank you
Søren