How can I know the tag is formated with UNICODE or not?

龚佶敏 godspeed_g at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 17:41:19 CEST 2011

Hello! Thanks for the developers of TagLib.
I'm using MingW with TagLib in Windows XP.
When I compile the "tagreader.cpp", I find it can not get the title which formated with UNICODE correctly.
When I compile the "tagreader_c.c", I find I can use "taglib_set_strings_unicode(TRUE)" to get title which formated with UNICODE correctly.
My Question is:
1. How can I get  title which formated with UNICODE correctly in C++?
2. When I get a mp3 or m4a file, how can I know the tag is formated with UNICODE or not?
Thanks a lot.