stripping tags from FLAC

Anthony Liu quadamage at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 07:03:04 CET 2010

Hi, I edited the modified wma files with Mp3Tag, these attributes were
existing and empty.
After I used Mp3Tag to remove the asf tag, these attributes were no longer
existing.

It is not a problem, I am just curious about it.

BTW, as someone mentioned a few days ago, I can not use Taglib to write
cover art attribute whose size is over 65536.

Recently, I used Taglib to do some tests to read/write the cover art fields
of various audio tags,
it worked well with the id3v2, mp4 and ape tags and have some problems with
the "WM/Picture" attribute.

It is likely that Taglib does not support to read/write the
METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE
of the flac and vorbis files,
do you have a plan to add these features?

2010/3/17 Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> > On 3/16/2010 2:23 AM, Anthony Liu wrote:
> >>  It is true for stripping the xiph comment or ape tag, however I never
> >> successfully cleared the asf tag, taglib always leave
> >> empty attributes of artist, comment, copyright, rating, title.
> >
> > Using removeItem()? If so, sounds like a bug, unless the ASF spec
> > requires these items to be in the tag even if empty -- which, given the
> > ASF spec and where it comes from, wouldn't surprise me.
>
> There are multiple ways to store ASF tags. The tags Anthony mentioned
> are "core ASF metadata" and are always present in the file (in a
> completely different block than other metadata). We could probably
> check if they are empty, but I'm not sure how much useful it would be.
> What is the actual problem? Is it in an external application?
>
> --
> Lukas Lalinsky
> lalinsky at gmail.com

Best Regards