stripping tags from FLAC

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 18:10:17 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> On 3/16/2010 2:23 AM, Anthony Liu wrote:
>>  It is true for stripping the xiph comment or ape tag, however I never
>> successfully cleared the asf tag, taglib always leave
>> empty attributes of artist, comment, copyright, rating, title.
>
> Using removeItem()? If so, sounds like a bug, unless the ASF spec
> requires these items to be in the tag even if empty -- which, given the
> ASF spec and where it comes from, wouldn't surprise me.

There are multiple ways to store ASF tags. The tags Anthony mentioned
are "core ASF metadata" and are always present in the file (in a
completely different block than other metadata). We could probably
check if they are empty, but I'm not sure how much useful it would be.
What is the actual problem? Is it in an external application?

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com