ID3v2.3.0

Thomas tosate at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:32:43 CEST 2010

Hi there,
I finally succeeded in generating ID3v2.3.0 tags. Unfortunately, the patch
from Jonathan Potter didn’t help. It produces tags that are labelled as
ID3v2.3.0, but the Meta data of the resulting MP3 files was not displayed in
Windows Explorer or the Windows Media Player under my Windows 7
installation. In addition the MP3 files were rejected by iTunes.

I have now switched to ID3Lib (http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/). Using this
library was quite complicated as well. The last version was released in
March 2003 and there is not much documentation.
However I learned from the source code of EasyTag (
http://easytag.sourceforge.net/) how to use ID3Lib and how to avoid problems
caused by the bugs of the library.
My application is now able to tag MP3 files with ID3v2.3.0 tags. These tags
are recognized by Windows Explorer, WMP and iTunes.

I am still asking for full ID3v2.3.0 support in TagLib, because this would
make things much easier.

Cheers
Thomas

http://twitter.com/tosate