ID3v2.3.0

Thomas Salm tosate at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:49:26 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I am using taglib 1.6 to implement an application that tags my MP3 files.
For compatibility reasons I want to generate ID3v2.3.0 tags and avoid
ID3v2.4.0 tags. As far as I read, taglib is able to read all kind of tags,
but it generates ID3v2.4.0 tags only. Is that true?

Is there any possibility to force taglib to generate ID3v2.3.0 tags? I
already recognized the method TagLib::ID3v2::Header::setMajorVersion, but it
should not be called by API users and does not work in my application.
Any ideas?

Greetings
Thomas