TagLib and Serato Whitelabel files

patrick machielse patrick at hieper.nl
Sun Dec 13 11:56:53 CET 2009

Op 13 dec 2009, om 09:39 heeft Lukáš Lalinský het volgende geschreven:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM, patrick machielse <patrick at hieper.nl> wrote:
>>

>> - Does anyone have experience with reading ID3 tags in Whitelabel files?
>> - Is there something wrong with the file tags themselves?
>
> The ID3 tags have two non-standard frames with invalid frame IDs --
> sWTK and sWRL. According to the ID3 specification, "The frame ID is
> made out of the characters capital A-Z and 0-9". So when TagLib sees
> the first of these frames, it marks it as invalid and stops parsing
> the file.

Thanks Lukáš,

You are right, of course. I found at least four invalid frame names in my Whitelabel files: sWTK, sWRL, sBPM, and sAGN. I'll try to get a comment from Serato about this.

Now, I hardly dare to ask, but is there a way to make TagLib less strict in this regard? For instance, could it simply skip frames with invalid names (assuming the structure of the frames themselves is valid) or -- heaven forbid -- even preserve these frames?

Thanks,
patrick
--
Patrick Machielse