TagLib and Serato Whitelabel files

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:39:53 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM, patrick machielse <patrick at hieper.nl> wrote:
> I'm trying to read tags in Serato Whitelabel files using TagLib.
[...]
> I have the following questions:
>
> - Does anyone have experience with reading ID3 tags in Whitelabel files?
> - Could the frame size cause a problem?
> - Is there something wrong with the file tags themselves?

The ID3 tags have two non-standard frames with invalid frame IDs --
sWTK and sWRL. According to the ID3 specification, "The frame ID is
made out of the characters capital A-Z and 0-9". So when TagLib sees
the first of these frames, it marks it as invalid and stops parsing
the file.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com