TagLib and Serato Whitelabel files

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Dec 13 12:05:07 CET 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 11:56 AM, patrick machielse wrote:
> Now, I hardly dare to ask, but is there a way to make TagLib less
> strict in this regard? For instance, could it simply skip frames
> with invalid names (assuming the structure of the frames themselves
> is valid) or -- heaven forbid -- even preserve these frames?

The reason that it bails out there is to prevent crashes later on.
Usually invalid fields is a sign of tag corruption and trying to
continue to parse things after its detected corruption is usually a
recipe for segfaults.  The question really becomes, "How often would
being less strict lead to segfaults?"