ASF roundup

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 12:26:39 CET 2007

Xavier Duret  wrote / napísal(a):
> - The topic of the license. The implementation currently in Amarok is GPL Are the copyright owners willing to relicense it to LGPL?

The implementation in Amarok is LGPL.

> - The topic of the repository. There is currently no central repository for the "taglib plugins". Project that wish to use taglib and ASF need to use the taglib delivery and rip the ASF code from Amarok. Would it be possible to have them somewhere else like "/kde/trunk/kdesupport/taglib-plugins" with the proper configure script? Is it also possible to some mention of the plugins on the taglib webpage?

If you want to use this code, I'd recommend to take the original from
libtunepimp. Amarok has outdated version.

Also, the implementation is not complete. Back then when I wrote it, I wasn't
aware that ASF can store multiple values per tag, language and stream specific
tags in extender headers, so these are not supported. I have a complete
implementation, but it's in Python as I no longer use TagLib.