TODO - The Windows Geschischte

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:52:10 CEST 2006

Scott Wheeler wrote:
[...]
> General compatibility at this point seems to be mostly the use of truncate()
> and a missing TagLib::File constructor.  Anything else significant?  It seems
> the consensus is that adding an additional constructor that uses "const wchar
> *" would suffice?  Are all of the Windows folks fine with that?

That means adding an additional constructor to all TagLib::File subclasses (two
for MPEG and FLAC, one for MPC, Ogg, Ogg::FLAC, Ogg::Vorbis and FileRef), an
additional TagLib::File::name, TagLib::File::isReadable and
TagLib::File::isWritable methods, plus some additional functions in the C
bindings. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to duplicate code like this.
Otherwise, it is the cleanest solution for full Unicode support on Windows.

> Also, one non-technical, but important issue for me is the issue of
> maintenance.  I've said for a while that what's blocked TagLib on Windows is
> the lack of a maintainer.  Is one of you willing to have Windows related
> TagLib bugs assigned to them in Bugzilla?

Yes.