TODO - The Windows Geschischte

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Thu Jul 20 17:10:42 CEST 2006

Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> That means adding an additional constructor to all TagLib::File subclasses (two
> for MPEG and FLAC, one for MPC, Ogg, Ogg::FLAC, Ogg::Vorbis and FileRef), an
> additional TagLib::File::name, TagLib::File::isReadable and
> TagLib::File::isWritable methods, plus some additional functions in the C
> bindings. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to duplicate code like this.
> Otherwise, it is the cleanest solution for full Unicode support on Windows.

i think we should double FilePrivate's "const char * name", too.
otherwise we would have to make it "void *".

there is another thing about this name variable:
FilePrivate is constructed from astring that was allocated somewhere
outside but frees it in the destructor using "free". This causes
trouble at least when the original memory was allocated using
"new char[..]". I remember a rule of thumb to never mix
new/free and malloc/delete. I think working with a copy would be
a good way to solve this.

sebastian

--
Sebastian Pipping