inconsistent results with utf8
bench at silentmedia.com
Sun Oct 2 20:47:21 CEST 2005
Heh. I probably also should have mentioned that I've slightly changed
the examples. I've changed things in tagwriter.cpp to be like so:
t->setTitle(TagLib::String(argv[i + 1], TagLib::String::UTF8));
I've changed tagreader_c.c to say
As I understand it, these should tell TagLib to use UTF8.....
On Oct 2, 2005, at 11:42 AM, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday 02 October 2005 20:35, you wrote:
>> Sorry, I should have mentioned that I've made sure my console is
>> using UTF8.
> The default encoding is actually ISO-8859-1 for TagLib. I might
> change that
> for 2.0, but for now you have to actually modify the code to make
> it expect
> UTF-8 if you're giving UTF-8 input.
> But even switching it to UTF-8 wouldn't be a "fix" -- it would just
> happen to
> work if your console was in UTF-8 (which probably is a more reasonable
> default these days, but...)
> Well this should cheer you up for sure. You see I've got your old
> ID and
> you're all dressed up like The Cure.
> --Ben Folds Five, "Battle of Who Could Care Less"
> taglib-devel mailing list
> taglib-devel at kde.org
More information about the taglib-devel