inconsistent results with utf8

Scott Wheeler wheeler at
Sun Oct 2 20:42:00 CEST 2005

On Sunday 02 October 2005 20:35, you wrote:
> Sorry, I should have mentioned that I've made sure my console is  
> using UTF8.

The default encoding is actually ISO-8859-1 for TagLib.  I might change that 
for 2.0, but for now you have to actually modify the code to make it expect 
UTF-8 if you're giving UTF-8 input.

But even switching it to UTF-8 wouldn't be a "fix" -- it would just happen to 
work if your console was in UTF-8 (which probably is a more reasonable 
default these days, but...)


Well this should cheer you up for sure.  You see I've got your old ID and 
you're all dressed up like The Cure.
--Ben Folds Five, "Battle of Who Could Care Less"

More information about the taglib-devel mailing list