Does TagLib support Vorbis files on SMB or NFS shares?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Apr 3 16:14:50 CEST 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 10:48, Jeff Winters wrote:
> Does TagLib support the reading of tags in Ogg Vorbis files located on
> NFS or SMB shares?

Sure -- TagLib doesn't do anything special that's file system dependant when
reading stuff; it uses standard POSIX calls.  I regularly use it for NFS and
presume that it should work fine with a mounted SMB share as well.

> An example of a problematic Vorbis file can be downloaded here (
> http://prune.da-shiz.net/misc/23-pixies-in_heaven-jwa.ogg )

Works just fine here:

-- TAG --
title   - "In Heaven"
artist  - "Pixies"
album   - "Live in Chicago, IL -- 2004.11.14"
year    - "2004"
comment - ""
track   - "23"
genre   - "Indie"
-- AUDIO --
bitrate     - 256
sample rate - 44100
channels    - 2
length      - 4:24

We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time:
premature optimization is the root of all evil.
-Donald Knuth