Error in RK() : Graphics API version mismatch

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 24 21:38:02 UTC 2016

hi julian,

Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2016, 20:56:20 CET schrieb Julian Highley:
> As you suggest the front end seems to be compiled for 3.2.5 and my version
> of R is 3.3.1.

ok, that explains it.

> Do I need to compile RKWard from source to resolve or is there an easier
> way?

it's a bit curious how the distribution packages could become so mixed up. are
you using standard distribution packages for both R and RKWard? if so, you
should probably file a bug report (to the ubuntu deveolpers) because this
combination simply can't work for ubuntu users. they'd need to recompile the
package.

anyway, i'd recommend to switch to a) CRAN packages of R:
 https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README.html
and b) our PPA package of RKWard:
 https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/ubuntu/rkward-stable-cran
this makes sure you always get the latest stable release of both R and RKWard
and they're both in sync, dependency-wise.

there's also some alternative PPAs, if you're feeling lucky ;-)
 https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel
you'd always need one for CRAN R if you're using its packages, obviously.

in addition to that (and not related to your problem), i personally am very
happy with the C2D4U (CRAN to deb for ubuntu) packages and prefer them over
installing R packages from source:
 https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u
most packages that are available on CRAN are also available as a debian
package here. they're usually called "r-cran-<package name>" then.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke