Error in RK() : Graphics API version mismatch

Julian Highley julian.highley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 20:56:20 UTC 2016

Hi Meik,

As you suggest the front end seems to be compiled for 3.2.5 and my version
of R is 3.3.1. Do I need to compile RKWard from source to resolve or is
there an easier way?

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Julian.

- Frontend --
RKWard version: 0.6.5
KDE version (runtime): 4.14.22
KDE version (compile time): 4.14.16
Qt build key: i386 linux g++-4 full-config
Local KDE directory: /home/julian/.kde/
RKWard storage directory: /home/julian/.rkward/
Backend version (as known to the frontend): 3.3.1

Debug message file (this may contain relevant diagnostic output in case of
trouble):
/tmp/rkward.frontend.kn3874

-- Backend --
Debug message file (this may contain relevant diagnostic output in case of
trouble):
/tmp/rkward.rbackend.TJ4630

R version (compile time): 3.2.5  (2016-04-14 r70478)
R runtime session info:
R version 3.3.1 (2016-06-21)
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 16.10

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8          LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8           LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=en_GB.UTF-8       LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_GB.UTF-8          LC_NAME=en_GB.UTF-8
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=en_GB.UTF-8        LC_TELEPHONE=en_GB.UTF-8
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB.UTF-8    LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] rkward_0.6.5

[1] tools_3.3.1

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 at 01:13 meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>
wrote:

hi julian,

Am Mittwoch, 23. November 2016, 21:52:13 CET schrieb Julian Highley:
> Firstly apologies if this is the wrong place for this post, but I after a
> fair amount of google searching I have got stuck.

this is the right place ;-)

> I have been using RKWard for a considerable time with no issue, but in the
> last day or so have got an error (Error in RK() : Graphics API version
> mismatch) when ever I try and plot / chart anything.

this could be caused by RKWard being compiled for a different version of R
than what you are using. could you post the full results of
rk.sessionInfo() ?
this should -- among other things -- list the compile time version of R for
your RKWard build.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke