[rkward-users] Resore old syntax highlightning in RKward 0.6.0

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 30 12:16:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 30 January 2013, NoSkill ButStyle wrote:
> I downloaded the latest update today, and now the R syntax highlightning
> looks different. For example, functions are not bold anymore, as well as
> Text after ##.
>
> Is there a way to switch back to the old look? I tried to edit Settings ->
> Configure Editor -> Fonts & Colors -> Highlightning Text Styles ->
> Scripts/R-Script, but there still the "old" styles are shown which do not
> correspond to what the editor highlights. Furthermore, there I cannot
> change any options, e.g. I cannot uncheck or check boxes.

nothing has changed in RKWard 0.6.0 with respect to highlighting. The problem
must be related to a change in some other package, e.g. in kdelibs. Could you
provide details on your distribution (some flavor of Ubuntu, IIRC?) and
installed version of KDE?

The settings page you are looking at is the correct one, indeed. Here, these
settings correspond to what I'm seeing, and I can change options, successfully
(some of the check boxes seem to need more than one click to react, though).

Do you get any highlighting at all? Could it be you switched to a different
highlighting mode, somehow (Edit->Tools Move->Highlighting, for the active
script, or Settings->Configure Editor->Open/Save->Modes & Filetypes for the
default highlighting mode)?